Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My Best Friend

Exhale. Cry. Big Breath. Exhale. That has been my routine today.  Can you believe it? It is May 1st.  A year ago we met and became friends.  Now, my best friend is gone.  Nikora is a missionary.  I have never felt so distant from him which is funny because he is either across the street from me at my old housing complex Wyview, or he is less than a mile away from me at the Provo MTC.  More than anything I just want to know what his P-day is so I know when I can expect a reply to my letters!!

This has been a CRAAAAAZZZZY week.  Probably the most exhausting, stressful, and emotional week of my life so far.  Last wednesday I was packing up my entire apartment, finishing finals, and opening my mission call.  Throughout the week I moved into my house in Lindon, moved out again, moved to Glenwood, applied for my passport, went to South Jordan at least 6 times, started school again, and spent as much time as possible with my best friend until I finally had to say goodbye.  Today he went into the MTC and I am left with a mixture of a million feelings.  Sadness, anticipation, excitement, depression, happiness, longing, etc.  I just want to talk to him.  I don't need to see him.  I just want to talk to him.  He makes me feel better when I am sad.  I was so sad yesterday that I used up 2 and a half jumbo rolls of toilet paper. That is A LOT of snot and tears people! I kinda wish he was here to make it all better. Big breath.  Its going to be ok.  It will take some adjusting but it WILL get better.

Anywho. This next part is just a TON of collages I made with some of the pictures I have of us.  Beware.  There are LOTS of pictures and lots of reminiscing haha. Mostly I made these just for me, but if you want to look go ahead!

Once upon a time Nik likes taking pics when he thinks I won't notice... but I always do haha

I am going to miss his sense of humor.  I can always count on him to make me smile :)



I'm also gonna miss just being plain old silly with him. We are such dorks but it was so fun!


Another thing I loved was just going places with him.  I missed that a lot today.  I wanted to walk around the corner and find him sitting in his car waiting to whisk me off to our next adventure.  The hardest part of today was realizing that our next adventure isn't something that we can do together.


Sometimes we had even more fun just chilling at his house or my apartment.  We probably spent the majority of our time sitting on the couch watching movies and talking :)


I'm also gonna miss having such a fun packed day that I'd fall asleep in the middle of a movie or a conversation...


I'm gonna miss this kid! We had such a fun last week!!



For our last date we went to The Roof for the last time, we even wore the same outfits that we did the first time!!


Saying goodbye was the hardest thing I've ever done.  I have never cried so hard in my life!


More than anything I am going to miss his entire family.  Seriously they pretty much adopted me for the past few weeks and I loved every minute of it! Nikora you will make a great missionary.  I love you and I miss you, thank you for a wonderful year






2 comments:

  1. you go girl! It gets easier I promise:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My darling Kyrst,
    You're so amazing, for one. What a lucky girl you are to have such an amazing young man, and visa versa. You'll be out there serving "side by side" real soon! :) If you ever need to chat, or sit and cry, know I'm here for ya.
    Love,
    Nat

    ReplyDelete