Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Blessings.

Well.  I am doing much better than the last time I posted.  Thank goodness for that! This week as I have been fighting the urge to mope and be depressed I've found that happiness is a decision and often times it takes work.

There were so many times that I just wanted to listen to a depressing song and cry (and I did that.... several times) BUT.  That didn't make me feel better.  You know what did? Prayer, scriptures, faith, goals, getting stuff done.

A favorite professor of mine always says that "The city of happiness is found in the state of mind" Its so true.  This week I really tried to make the conscious decision to think happy thoughts and pray for help to just enjoy my life instead of wallowing in sadness because I miss my best friend.

Sometimes I let my sadness get the best of me but for the most part I was able to have a really great week all because I decided to fill the emptiness I found from missing my boyfriend with good things and happy thoughts.

This morning my roommates and I were planning on going to the temple at 6 am.  Let me repeat that 6 AM?!?!? For a college student that considers going to bed at midnight as really "early" 6 am is a big deal.  So when I woke up this morning and only 1 roommate still wanted to go I was extremely tempted to just to go to sleep like everyone else.  BUT. Then I got a little reminder from the spirit that blessings always come from going to the temple.  There are people waiting for my help and no extra amount of sleep could ever be worth it.

I AM SO GLAD THAT I GOT UP.  I can't even describe what a peaceful feeling there was at the temple.  It felt like returning home.  For the first time all week I felt completely 100 percent content with my life.

Then I got home climbed in bed and woke up to my roommate holding..... A LETTER!!!!!!!!!!! I got and I wasn't even expecting one today!! Then my other roommate got back from working at the MTC bookstore and said that Nik had come in to tell her that his pday would be tomorrow and he loved me and couldn't wait to send me another letter.  AAAAAAh I flipped out.  I got a letter today and I get another one tomorrow!?!

If thats not a fantastic example of the blessings that come from going to the temple I don't know what is.    Today has been a wonderful day, I am so grateful for the tender mercies God sends us when we just show the tiniest inkling of faith!


No comments:

Post a Comment