Thursday, May 30, 2013

MTC....BYU Campus?

Did you know that technically the MTC is BYU Campus? Guess what that means.  Yep, its close.  REALLY close.  Guess what that means? Elder Anderson and I go to the same temple.  Sometimes it is really hard knowing he is RIGHT THERE and I can't even see him or talk to him!!!

Story time.

Did you know that on Pdays a missionary in the MTC can go to the temple? I did.  What I didn't know was that every Wednesday when I go to the temple grounds to study my scriptures and Temple Prep materials Nik and I had been missing each other by a few minutes.  Until yesterday.

I was walking up to the temple about to cross the street to the corner by the MTC.  Of course the thought of seeing Nik had passed my mind but I was almost positive that I would be just fine, I had come at this exact time 3 weeks in a row, I figured I was safe.  I wasn't.  The walk signal flashed on and I was about to walk across the street when Elder Anderson and his companion came around the corner.  10 ft away.  So close to my best friend and do you know what I did? I put my head down and stood there.  Now I had to wait for the other traffic signal to switch so I could get to the temple using a slightly different route.  That minute felt like an hour.  10 FEET AWAY.  I turned to look at him and he had his back towards me talking to his companion.  Agh so awkward.

So I took the long way to the temple knowing that Nik would be cutting through the field and would get there much sooner than I would.  WRONG.  We got there at the same time.  Nice going Kyrstin.  So I hid behind a bus stop pavilion.  FAIL. After he had walked through the gates of the temple grounds I figured it was safe to go to my little spot in the field below.

He was turned around looking at me from the fountain at the top of the Hill, I looked away and started sobbing.  Then I heard a bunch of sister missionaries say, "What is Elder Anderson doing?" I looked up and saw him and his companion walking back down the hill. PANIC. PANIC. PANIC.  They yelled my name and waved.  I waved back.  They stood there.  Was I supposed to go talk to them? Looking back now I really wish I had.  But I didn't know what the right thing to do was.  So.  I sat there.  And cried.  And they eventually turned around and headed back to the temple.  He turned around one more time and waved.  I love that boy.  23 more months.  Dang I hope I did the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment