Thursday, June 6, 2013

Ready.

Life has been busy, fun, emotional, rewarding, stressful, and a bunch of other things.  I've been experiencing lots of change and I can't say that I'm always the best at handling it, but as I've tried my best to accept change as God's way of preparing me for the things to come it has all been a little easier.  

I went through the temple on Tuesday! This was one change I was happy to make, I can't wait to go back again there was such a wonderful feeling of peace there that I haven't felt anywhere else!

The best part about it was getting to go through at the same time as my sister.  I'm so glad that through all of this preparation for the future I have someone else to do it with me!!

What a blessing it was to have so many family members there with me! I love that this gospel is centered around eternal family relationships!





As I take each step towards getting ready for my mission I can't help but get impatient to leave.  Its funny how Heavenly Father gives you experiences and trials to help you know that it is time to let go of life here and dedicate your life to serving others for a while.  

I feel like Nik leaving was the first step. Then realizing that I'm sick of school and need a break.  I love BYU and I love Provo but as all of my friends have been leaving and things have been changing I have realized that for now, theres nothing left for me here, I NEED to go on a mission.  I love socializing with a bunch of college kids but for the first time I don't really want to as much.  I just want to go dedicate my time to the Lord.  Instead of staying out till 3, going out to eat, and hanging out with friends I've been researching my mission, reading my scriptures, going to the temple, and writing Elder Anderson.  When Kyrstin would rather have quiet time than social time, its a sure sign that its time to go.  I am ready.  Maybe not completely prepared, but emotionally, I'm ready.  

No comments:

Post a Comment