Thursday, December 6, 2012

What a Day.

Wow today was....an adventure? terrible? amazing? stressful? Probably a combination of all of the above.  I woke up earlier than I have all school year to finish up my computer programming final (hopefully the last c++ program I'll ever have to write?) I expected it to take 3 or 4 more hours.  Not exactly fun, but reasonable right? Wrong.  It took me approximately ten hours today.  Plus the two or three hours I'd spent from the days before.  I was not a happy camper.

(this was pretty much me) 


This is when I'm so very incredibly thankful for a fantastic boyfriend.  He drove up to BYU and we had lunch together.  I was planning on going back to the lab to continue my never ending CS 142 final but as my lunch hour passed I started feeling more and more like I was going to throw up and I started getting dizzy.  So he walked with me and held my stuff while I uploaded my files in the lab and he drove me back to my apartment.  He is basically the greatest.  This would be the third time this week he has picked me up from school due to some difficulty.  

So I got home and napped.  It was great to get some sleep.  Then came the storm.  I'm sure my roommates thought I was crazy, ranting about cpp files, polymorphism, and pointer vectors (if you don't know what that means, don't ask, I don't think I even know haha).  At one point I'd yell to my program about my hatred for it, and then I'd do my best to lovingly convince it to run.  It never did.  There goes 10% of my test score down the tubes.  But I turned it in.  Errors and all, who needs a working program anyway? I just sat on the couch and felt my brain melt. Then my fantabulous boyfriend knocked on the door.  I opened it to find my best friend holding flowers and my favorite white chocolate Lindor truffles.  Nothing cures a sick girl with a fried brain like flowers, chocolates, and a handsome boy. What a day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment