Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Priesthood Power

I am so grateful for this wonderful gospel!!! I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have the God loves me and is watching over me.  I really got to experience that yesterday.  After taking some finals and studying all day I was hanging out with Nik, and I started feeling really shaky and started getting fever-like symptoms.  Haha I just ignored it and blamed it on the fact that it was my lovely time of the month. After a while I realized that sadly I was not only suffering from the visit of Uncle TOM and Aunt Flo, but that I was indeed getting sick.  So I went home and tried to sleep.  It didn't work so well and I woke up after an hour when I realized my roommate Cassidy had come in and I was keeping her awake by moaning subconciously like a dying animal.  She kindly brought me some ibuprofen and water and I spent the next hour (which felt like a lifetime) trying to get to sleep.

At 1 am I decided this wasn't going to work, I had gone to bed early to be properly rested for my finals and all I was really doing was sitting in my bed shaking trying to get comfortable enough to at least get my mind off the burning and freezing sensations pulsing through my skin.  And then I remembered that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me, he wants me to do well on my finals, and I have priesthood holders all around me that are ready and willing to help.  I called Nik and with tears asked him If he could come give me a blessing.

  He was there in 15 min and he gave me a wonderful blessing with the promise that if I had the faith to be healed I would be able to sleep peacefully through the night and I would be healed.  I am so grateful to have a wonderful boyfriend that is worthy to hold the Melchizedek priesthood. And for a Heavenly Father that has given the priesthood to worthy men.  I gave Nik probably 50 hugs before he left and I couldn't stop crying.  When I finally climbed into my bed I said a quick prayer of thanks and I told Heavenly Father that I knew that with his power I could be healed.  I drifted to sleep 5 minutes later and woke up with out a trace of sickness.  Guys, the church is true.  I know it without a doubt.  I love this gospel with all my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment