Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Christmas time is here.  In other words, Happiness is here.  The two words are most definitely synonymous. 

Awesome fact about Christmas time: No School

 Finals week was fun, hard, painful, rewarding, and best of all it is......OVER.  



( This is what we do in our study time.  My cousin Nate joined in too. )


Second awesome fact about Christmas time:  Everything looks beautiful

Nik and I went and saw the lights at Temple Square last night.  It was another one of those best dates ever.  I looked like a two year old the whole time driving up because I freaked out over every falling snowflake and twinkling Christmas light we saw (This is a season long phenomenon).  We stopped in daybreak to open the Christmas presents that we gave each other.  I might have cried a bit, I'm going to miss him while he's in New Zealand over the break.  Then we went to the Roof in Salt Lake.  I love the Roof, everything is so yummy and the view is breathtaking.  It was really fun to see how far we had both come since the last time we went there in July.  


One of my favorite things about Christmas is just walking around looking at everything and anything with Christmas decorations.  Nik and I walked through City Creek for a while, I couldn't help smiling everywhere we went as I thought about the blessing Nik has been in my life and how that all started right there in SLC during our International DECA competition. 


 I am so grateful for the peace felt at Christmas as I reflect on all of the many blessings I have! I have had such a fun and enlightening first semester of college and I look forward to another one!



PS for more updates on fun times with the Sampson family, visit our joint blog Girl Talk!



No comments:

Post a Comment