Monday, July 30, 2012

Bored.....


The day before a vacation = THE LONGEST DAY EVER.  Im so bored right now I might cry. Not really, life is great, Im just tired of waiting around until tomorrow comes.  I might just go to sleep super early.  But for now, let me update you on the latest Pinterest craft my sister and I tried.  It was a success if I do say so myself.  (Forgive the crappy picture quality, it didn't upload too well)


Traditionally the Sampson girls always wear something matching on the first day of our Cedar City trip, which is usually white or black shirts with jeans. But this year we decided to get creative.
Brynn, Carli, Mallory and I had a blast making these!

 

We started with a bunch of wide legged white pants from Savers and Plato's Closet, then we sewed up the inside of the legs, and cut off the extra fabric. We had a great time using our sewing skills (which are basically non-existent) to make 8 of these beauties:


The dyeing was a whole new adventure. We had absolutely no idea what we were doing.  We stayed up just a little later than expected. Or maybe a lot. As we waited for the dye to wash out we curled up on the hard laundry room floor and inside the laundry baskets and fell asleep.  It hurt, I do not recommend it.  But it was all worth it when we woke up to 8 pairs of mint skinny jeans :) 


Well I'm checking out for the week, here I come Lake Powell!






No comments:

Post a Comment