Monday, August 12, 2013

Goodbyes.

Have I ever told you how much I hate goodbyes? I think I have.  Yeah I hate them more than anything.  I like hellos.  But there aren't a whole lot of those happening right now because I am in a goodbye stage.  And sometimes thats not fun.

I gave my farewell talk today.  I cried A LOT.  I had to say goodbye today to people that I have never gone more than a month or two without seeing.  It was sad to watch each of my best friends and family members leave knowing that I won't be seeing them in a loooong time.

18 months is a long time, but at the same time its really short.  I guess it just depends on the day or how you look at it.

I feel like once I have adjusted, once I know what I'm doing its going to fly by.  Because 18 months of normal life as compared to the rest of your life isn't that long.  But when you take a year and a half out and look at it on standing on its own in front of you it seems like an incredibly long amount of time to leave one's friends, family, and loved ones.

It just takes faith I guess.  This is definitely one of those things that you just have to take a deep breath and step into the darkness of the unknown trusting in Heavenly Father.  So here goes.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous or a little afraid to take that step but its like what Nephi says when he goes to get the plates, "And I was led by the spirit not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.  Nevertheless I went forth." I don't really know whats in store.  I know it will be hard, I know it will be worth it, and I know its what the spirit has told me to do.  So its time to go forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment